The Essentials of GDPR - elearning
This online training course has been developed to provide an overview of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), giving understanding of the key principles and what they mean to working practice. Other aspects of the course will include gaining knowledge and understanding of the responsibility of data processing and the role of a data controller, as well as information as to what an organisation needs to do in order to become GDPR compliant.
You can register up to 10 people for elearning when you book online. If you have more than 10 delegates to register, please contact us.
- Course content
- What is a data controller?
- Data processing
- Data subject
- Data protection principles
- Good practice
- Data security
- The data breach
- Subject access request
- Data subject rights
- Accountability and governance
- Investigating breaches
Online course, worked through at the pace of the learner, with a 75% pass mark required.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Understand the key changes from the Data Protection Act (DPA) to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Understand what data is, and recognise different types of data
- Be able to recognise the six principles of GDPR
- Know how to safely handle sensitive data
- Understand the rights of data subjects
- Know the role of the information commissioner
- Have the opportunity to download a certificate, stating completion
Terms and conditions:
Read the elearning Terms and conditions here.