IOSH managing safely
This three-day IOSH-approved safety training programme will give delegates the knowledge they need to help ensure safety in the workplace and prevent accidents. It is designed for managers and supervisors with responsibility for people or processes and will provide a basic, but broad and sound understanding of current health and safety requirements and principles.This course can be enhanced by integrating game based learning to embed knowledge and drive behavioural change.
- Course content
- Responsibilities and accountabilities - requirements of managers with regard to health and safety
- Legal requirements - health and safety law
- Risk assessment - key steps and control strategies
- Health and safety management systems - benefits and key elements
- Accident causation and investigation – root cause and human factors
- Hazards in the workplace – identification and control
- Monitoring – using active and reactive measures to monitor health and safety performance
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
By written assessment and completion of a project within their workplace.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
On completion, delegates may consider progressing to the NEBOSH national general certificate in occupational safety and health.