An introduction to slips, trips and falls in the workplace - elearning
This course has been created with businesses in mind and will ensure organisations are able to reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls in the workplace. It also aims for a reduction in injuries and unwanted expenses, as well as allowing businesses to meet the legal obligations expected of them.
You can register up to 10 people for elearning when you book online. If you have more than 10 delegates to register, please contact us.
- Course content
- How serious is the problem?
- Key legislation - Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulation 1999, The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 and Reporting of Injuries, Diseases Occurrences Regulations 1995 (Updated version released in 2013)
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- What is a risk assessment?
- Risk assessment steps
- Control measures-slips
- Control measures-trips
- Control measures-work at height
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Approximately 44 interactive seasons, completed online at the pace set by the learner.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Know why it is important to prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Understand what can cause slips, trips and falls from a height.
- Be familiar with legislation relating to slips, trips and falls.
- Understand the role of risk assessment.
- Know what can be done to prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Be aware of their role in preventing slips, trips and falls.
- Have the opportunity to download a certificate, certifying completion.
Terms and conditions:
Read the elearning Terms and conditions here.