Lean six sigma black belt training
The blended approach of both Lean and Six Sigma add value to this belt level, as not only will you learn how to identify and reduce waste, you will be able to accurately measure the improvements using Sigma.
This 10-day training programme is designed to build delegates' knowledge and capability to improve processes and performance in the work place. Attendees will develop a well-rounded and firm grasp of the tools and methodologies of lean six sigma and advance their awareness of how to apply them effectively. This will lead to reducing errors and increasing productivity. This course is ideal for those individuals who are motivated to lead process improvement projects, delivering real, measurable benefits for their company.
- Course content
- Revisiting lean six sigma green belt – lean six sigma objectives and concepts, implementation and the individual's role in the team
- Variation and its effect on processes.
- Six sigma fundamentals – process focus, voice of the customer, voice of the employee and voice of the business
- Six sigma metrics
- Process mapping – understand processes and how they can be improved.
- Cost of poor quality – understanding the impact poor quality has on the business as a whole
- Defects – the different measurements and how to prevent them
- Projects – selecting, defining in a project charter and making an initial estimate of project’ benefits
- Project planning – develop a plan to meet the outlined deliverables, and have a plan to work around roadblocks.
There are no pre-requisites for this course however delegates will preferably be at green belt level, either through certification or through demonstrable working knowledge of the relevant lean tools and methodologies.
By examination in the form of an assessment, which must demonstrate clear understanding of all lean six sigma tools and concepts and deliver actual bottom line results.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Be able to join other successful project managers in eliminating hidden wastes and minimising defects and variation.
- Save their company valuable time and resources through applying lean six sigma knowledge to problem solving and resolution
- Attain a highly respected EEF certified qualification.