Level 2 Food safety and hygiene (for manufacturing environments) - elearning
Designed specifically for anyone that works in food processing, manufacturing, food assembly, packing and food storage, this elearning course provides learners with the understanding of a range of food safety issues as laid out in the Industry Standards in Food Safety and Hygiene. After completing this course, learners will understand the three main types of food safety hazards, the principles of cleaning and disinfection, as well as the correct temperatures needed for food storage and food handling.
You can register up to 10 people for elearning when you book online. If you have more than 10 delegates to register, please contact us.
- Course content
- Why food hygiene and safety is important
- Personal and legal responsibilities
- The impact of foodborne illness
- How food becomes contaminated
- How to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices
- How to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- How to control food safety hazards at critical control points using a HACCP based Food Safety Management System
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Online course, completed at the pace of the learner.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Be able to identify the sources of the three main types of food safety and methods of control
- Know the correct temperatures needed for storage and food handling activities from raw material and goods inwards through manufacturing, packing and distribution customers
- Be aware of common food pests and how to control them
- Understand the principles of cleaning and disinfection and how these apply to the workplace
Terms and conditions:
Read the elearning Terms and conditions here.