Representatives of employee safety training
This three-day course is aimed at elected health and safety representatives across all sectors. It provides delegates with an understanding of their roles, functions and entitlements as representatives of employee safety. The course will equip them with the knowledge to make an effective and positive contribution to their organisation's health and safety culture - through consultation.This course can be enhanced by integrating game based learning to embed knowledge and drive behavioural change.
- Course content
- UK health and safety legal requirements
- Risk assessment and controls
- The financial benefits of improved workplace safety
- Liaising between management and the workforce on the introduction of anything that may have a significant impact on worker health and safety
- Bringing employee concerns to the attention of management
- Improved employee morale, leading to greater productivity and profitability.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- A number of syndicate exercises are undertaken within the course
- Courses run at EEF venues will have an end of course test
- Courses run at the client's address are subject to agreement with the client as to whether an end of course test is required
- Where no assessment is required, the delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Receive up to three CPD points per day of attendance
- Enhance their knowledge of common workplace hazards, allowing them to participate in recommending improvements, where appropriate, through constructive dialogue with their employers
- Assist the organisation to become aware of its legal obligation and thus improve compliance.