Right person, right job – recruitment and selection interviewing training
This one-day course provides delegates with the tools to ensure that their recruitment process is thorough, effective, fair and free from discrimination. It is relevant to anyone involved in the recruitment process, who wishes to select the best person for the job and get past stock answers and rehearsed phrases.
This course will help delegates to improve their organisation's substantial return on investment in recruitment - both financially and in management time - by improving processes and practices.
- Course content
- Marketing the vacancy – how to: write a job advertisement, use recruitment agencies, use the internet, conduct internal applications, and avoid legal pitfalls, including inadvertent discrimination
- Job descriptions – writing thorough job descriptions that match job requirements
- Person specifications – how to write a person specification to select the most suitable candidate for the role
- Shortlisting – how to carry out a robust sifting process that is free of discrimination
- Equality Act – inappropriate health related questions
- Data Protection Act – compliance with legislation
- Selection testing - using selection tests in addition to interviewing
- Questioning – how to develop the appropriate knowledge and skills via competency based interview questions
- Interviewing – carrying out effective recruitment interviewing
- Decision Making - making sound decisions based on agreed criteria
- Keeping records – keeping records to defend claims of unfair process.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course delegates will:
- Understand what makes a job advertisement legal and write one
- Be able to write job descriptions and person specifications
- Be able to screen applications and write effective knowledge and skills-based, and competency-based questions using job descriptions and person specifications as a guide
- Recognise the use of agencies, the internet and other tools in the recruitment process
- Prepare effectively for the interview
- Make sound decisions based on agreed criteria and carry out the selection interview with increased confidence
- Have records in place to demonstrate the decision making process should this be challenged.