Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Advanced Apprentice - August 2019 Start Date
Founded in 1979, Supreme Concrete is a leading manufacturer of pre-cast and pre-stressed building products. We are recognised for both our high quality products and our market leading customer service. The Sittingbourne facility is part of the Ibstock Concrete Division, which operates 14 manufacturing sites across the UK.
We are passionate about the recruitment and development of talented individuals so that we can continue to surpass our customers’ expectations.
An Apprenticeship with Supreme Concrete offers you the chance to train for a highly skilled role, gain a nationally recognised qualification and be paid while you learn and be part of a great business!
We are looking for two Electrical Apprentices, to work at our Sittingbourne Factory, Crown Quay Lane, ME10 3SL in the UK. The Apprenticeship will last for about 4 years and combine both residential studies at EEF in Birmingham and on the job learning with an experienced mentor at the Factory. As well as training and qualifications, you will also be paid a competitive rate of pay and be eligible for benefits, including a defined contribution pension scheme. We will also support your continuing professional development after you have qualified.
As an Electrical Maintenance Apprentice, you will be supporting the Engineers with the maintenance of the plant and equipment within the factory and undertaking preventative maintenance tasks. It is essential that you have a practical hands on approach to completing these tasks, and you will need good organisational skills to enable you to manage the range of tasks competing for attention. At college you will be studying subjects to give you the appropriate knowledge and skills to carry out these tasks, such as Electronic Fault Finding, Features and Applications of Electrical Machines, and Principles and Operations of Three Phase Systems to name but a few.
You will input information into a planned maintenance system, and you will support the collection and analysis of production data, so computer skills will be necessary.
You will be responsible for familiarising yourself with business Policies and Procedures in your particular area, and to work within the Health and Safety parameters within the factory.
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time EEF Technology Training Centre
- NVQ Level 3
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
- Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work
- In house training
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
3 or more GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above, including Maths, English and Science. GCSE Product Design would be looked upon favourably.
Things to consider
- The first year of the apprenticeship is full time and based on a residential basis, at EEF in Birmingham; this will require the Apprentice to stay in Birmingham in a hotel with other apprentices, Monday to Friday. During the second and third year, the Apprentice is expected to attend EEF in Birmingham on a residential basis, for two-week block release during the year. Ibstock will cover all travel and residential costs.
- The candidate will be expected to study for additional examinations as part of the Ibstock Apprenticeship Scheme.
- Once your apprenticeship has finished you may be expected to work shifts including nights.
Find out where you'll be training