Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship - September 2019 Start Date
Why work for Collins Aerospace?
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
What is the Apprenticeship Scheme?
After completing a robust recruitment process our apprentices will be supported to embark on their career journey, throughout which they will receive a highly competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package.
Apprentices will spend time training whilst undertaking invaluable work experience, where you will learn the basic principles and under pinning knowledge needed for your career.
Apprentices will follow the Practical pathway, leading to a role as a Machinist (including CMM, CNC, NDT). As well as being trained to achieve a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship, the right candidate may be given the opportunity for further education including an HNC and beyond.
- A minimum of five GCSEs at Grade 5 (C) or above including English, and at least a Grace 6 (B) or above in Mathematics, Physics or an Engineering subject. Equivalents qualifications may be considered.
- A Levels / BTEC Level 2 or above in Maths, Physics, Engineering are desirable but not required
- Other relevant equivalent Engineering qualification
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time (EEF Training Centre, Aston)
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3 or City and Guilds Level 3)
- Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work
Please note that this role is based in Banbury, Oxfordshire. As training will take place in Birmingham, apprentices from the Oxfordshire area can opt for a free residential place during the training period.
Find out where you'll be training