Manufacturing Engineering Apprentice – September 2019 Start Date
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travellers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines,
Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
We are seeking to employ and train 4 apprentices.
You will receive broad-based training covering many aspects of Aerospace Manufacture, specialising as either a craft apprentice. Following your apprenticeship, your first appointment will be one of the following roles: Skilled fitter, Skilled Welder and Sheet Metal Worker
When onsite apprentices work alongside trained staff to enhance their skills, putting into practise what they have learnt at the EEF. This can range from shadowing, sheet metalwork, welding alongside participating in continuous improvements activities.
Apprentices will be required to comply with all ethical, environmental and safety regulations. While onsite apprentices are rotated throughout departments to ensure competency in all required skill sets.
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time EEF Training Centre Birmingham
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 or City and Guilds Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
- Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work
- ACE Training (Continuous Improvements)
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade A*- C/ 9 – 4 equivalent qualifications.
- Including Maths (Grade 9-5) and a science subject
you must be able to demonstrate the ability to travel between EEF Birmingham and site location in Wolverhampton