Hydraulic Press and Machinist Advanced Apprenticeship - September 2019 Start Date
At PAB we employ a conscientious team of highly experienced, time served sheet metal specialists, welders and fabricators.
With over 30 years' experience of working with stainless steel, high strength and mild steels, aluminium , copper plus an extensive range of complex and exotic materials. Our knowledge, experience and quality of workmanship enable us to fast track engineering solutions in this demanding Industry. This is our core competency.
At our state of the art facility in Coventry we manufacture high quality components, pressings, brackets and fabricated finished assemblies to a global customer audience across the industry spectrum.
The role will include:
- Set and Operate a Hydraulics Press Machine
- Fully understand core principles of pressing and material movement
- Press tool simulation
- Press Tool, Design and Manufacture
- Machine Maintenance
- Select the appropriate tools, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Set up, adjust and operate all of the basic machining centres in order to perform precision machining operations
- Report any defects or warranty in a timely manner
- Ensure that the work , including tools are kept tidy and equipment , is kept clean and tidy in accordance with the company initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with the health and safety requirements
- Align and secure fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines Inspecting equipment, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
- Any other duties commensurate with your skill, knowledge and experience
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (BTec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above in Maths and English or equivalent.
Find out where you'll be training