Don't get switched off
The UK’s analogue telephone network is being switched off. The impact on your business will be significant if you are not prepared.
About this event?
- MAKE UK - The Manufacturers' Organisation, Make UK member Hexagon and Advantage Partner A-Plan are inviting you to join this hour long session for an overview of how the analogue telephone switch off could create business continuity risks for you and void your insurance cover.
- The PSTN, commonly known as the landline or telephone line, is a traditional analogue telephone system that enables landline connectivity. This generations-old technology has been used since the 1800s, becoming a reliable means to transmit messages with anyone worldwide via a network of underground copper wires.
- The UK’s entire analogue network is being switched off and everything must move to digital. This means all non-digital telephone systems, alarm systems, CCTV and other devices connected to the analogue network need a new solution.
- As well as the PSTN switch off, A Plan Corporate (Make UK’s Insurance Advantage Partner and part of the Howden Group) is urging businesses to be aware of the challenging insurance market that may mean there’s a risk claims are less likely to be paid if policyholders do not comply with the insurance conditions such as fully operational security and fire alarms. Please review your policy small print and get advice from a specialist broker.
Attend this event to understand..
- The time line, what the switch off entails
- What the impact on your business might be
- What you need to do.
Who should attend?
Ideally suited for:
- CIOs/ IT Managers
- Transformation Directors
- FM Managers
- Anyone within your business who looks at business continuity.