Achieving Growth in UK-Centric Supply Chains - Peter Brotherhood
Join us for a practical workshop, delivered in partnership with UK-Centric Chain project at Aston University. The session will focus on manufacturers’ supply chain readiness to enable products to be launched faster, to improve business resilience, greater reliability and reduce costs. Hear from supply chain experts from academia and industry whilst being on site at Peter Brotherhood who have products based across more than 100 countries around the world.
- About event
This workshop will utilise the uniquely developed Aston University Supply Chain Readiness Level Tool (SCRL) to help manufacturers to understand:
• How to assess the Technology, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Readiness of their businesses.
• The concept of Three-Dimensional Concurrent Engineering (3DCE), the associated benefits and trade-offs
• How to implement 3DCE and make it an integral part of the new product development process to launch their products faster, more reliably and at lower total costs than their competitors.
• Risk management strategies
This workshop will give you an opportunity to hear from the supply chain experts from both academia and industry and you will receive:
• Report and Action Plan
• Academic change implementation support
• Referrals to additional support to help you move the plan forwards
- Why attend?
• Manage risk and improve resilience
• Improved new product launch
• Reduce costs
• To understand capabilities in greater detail
- Who Should Attend?
• Managers/Directors with supply chain responsibility
• Managing Directors/CEOs
• Operations Managers/Directors
• Purchasing Managers/Directors
• Funding will be available for SMEs in the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Combined Authority area
- More details
9.30am Registration & Networking
10am – 1pm Workshop & Expert Speakers
Meet Our Experts:
Dr Aristides Matopoulos – Reader (Associate Professor) in Supply Chain Design & Logistics Systems. With extensive experience in industrial research collaborators including working with Jaguar Land Rover, Williams Advanced Engineering, Saietta Group, MCT Reman, Microcab, Goodfloo, Marks & Spencer, AB Vassilopoulos, and many small and medium size companies.
Dr Brian Price – Lecturer, School of Engineering Systems & Management. With over 25 years’ experience in industry within a variety of senior engineering leadership positions, including responsibilities for engineering development, project execution and business leadership, with global consultant and manufacturing companies; Ricardo Consulting Engineers, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Cosworth Engineering and Lotus Engineering.
Steve McQuillan – CEO, Avingtrans Group. The Avingtrans Group are the parent organisation of Peter Brotherhood. Avingtrans operate a portfolio of businesses that operate in the energy and medical markets. The group are renowned for identify businesses who are yet to have their true value realised and through agile management action, improvement and integration rebuild those organisations.
1pm Lunch, Networking, Q&A
The Aston Programme for UK-Centric Supply Chains is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund