Robotics and Automation Operations and Fault Diagnosis for Maintainers
This is a practical based 4 ½ day course aimed at giving maintainers the basic skills and confidence to operate safely around robots and automation in systems. It will give them some basic theory and will teach delegates how to set up, create robot programmes, move robots safely and interrogate industrial robots and automated systems to aid with initial fault diagnosis and maintenance tasks.
About the course
During the course the delegates will cover the following subject areas in.
- Robot health and safety & Basic operation – Overview of general safety, including Locking out of Robot and Automated Cell.
- Introduction to Automation – Overview of how automated control systems work including basic robot programming for Robots and PLCs.
- General robot programming theory and practical – learn to program a range of workplace robots in systems.
- Robot jigs & tooling – set up and use jigs and tooling to achieve accurate repeatability.
- Returning to service after a stop in production – learn how to safely re-start a system after a stop.
- Overview of Fault Finding Techniques, introducing different methods of fault finding, how to record and observed sequence and fault more in depth finding exercises. These will be carried out on a Robot Production Cell so delegates can develop and utilise their fault finding skills.
- Automated systems maintenance – learn how robots work in an automated, integrated system, how to look after a robot and PLC to diagnose and correct some typical industrial faults on an automated production system.
By the end of this course the delegates will have developed a basic working knowledge of the safe operation and maintenance of robotic systems.
- be more competent in the use of industrial robots
- have a better understanding of how robots work in an automated system
- be more confident in the use of industrial robots in an integrated system
- be able to look after automated cells
- will be able to spot problems and offer improvements
Familiarity with basic maintenance, both electrical and mechanical and some limited experience of working in and around robots and automated systems will be beneficial.
There is no formal assessment during this course but delegates will need to demonstrate that they can operate safely and effectively with industrial robots and automated systems. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. Performance feedback can be provided to the Customer if required.
Other courses of interestIntroduction to Programmable Logic Controllers
PLC Fault Finding and Diagnostics
Programming Programmable Logic Controllers
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £778 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)