Webinar: How to build supply chain resilience?
About the event
Nine in ten manufacturers agree that the supply chain will remain under pressure in both 2023 and 2024. The rising cost of transport, shortages of materials and global supply chain disruptions impacted manufacturing in an unprecedented way. What immediate steps businesses can take to mitigate these challenges, and what is the mid and long-term plan to build a resilient supply chain that can withstand disruptions? Manufacturers are acting by diversifying their suppliers, changing their contracts, moving their supply base to more familiar markets and investing in technologies that make them more agile and able to respond faster to any disruptions. During this webinar, we will try to answer what the sector can do to manage the risk and thrive.
- Verity Davidge, Director of Policy, Manager, Make UK
- Andrew Kinder, Vice President, Infor
- Lucy Reece-Raybould – CEO, British Footwear Association
- Rachel Morley, Logistics Director, OIA Global
- Sandra Wiggins, Co-Founder, DPI UK
We will talk about:
- Manufacturers’ key uncertainties and supply chain trends
- Strategies to build resilience and manage supply chains in the event of a disruption, including investing in digital technologies, data-driven efficiencies, and managing risks
- How manufacturers are mapping their supply base, and what can be done to create a more visible, resilient supply chain
- What can Government and Industry do to help accelerate supply chain transformation?