Advanced presentation skills training
This practical two-day course will prepare delegates to deliver engaging and successful presentations with confidence and impact. Numbers are restricted to eight to allow practical work and ensure that the course is tailored to individual needs, ability and experience, so that individuals can focus on upskilling at the appropriate level. As such, delegates can build on their existing skills and evaluate their current experience as a presenter to improve preparation, audience engagement and delivery style.
- Purpose and Objectives – ensure presentations meet expectations
- Audience – understand characteristics and occasion to inform level of formality
- Content – tools and techniques to avoid information overload by focusing on the must have
- Planning the journey – take the audience with you through key point orchestration, linking and storytelling
- Credibility – personal presentation, verbal and non-verbal messaging
- PowerPoint – Preparing and using appropriate powerpoint slides to enhance delivery
- Impact – tools and techniques to engage the audience and improve delivery style
- Audience participation – involving the audience to improve effectiveness of presentation
- Message support – visual aids and other methods of creative support
- Venue and equipment – get the best out of the venue and available equipment
- Question time – dealing with different types of audience questions
- Nerves – make them work for you!
- Evaluation – generating intelligence to feed forward to future presentations
- Personal development – tutor and group feedback to support ongoing development.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Be able to plan and deliver engaging presentations and evaluate personal effectiveness
- Know how to handle challenging audiences without getting wrong-footed
- Recognise how to support presentations visually and creatively to generate greater impact.