Behaving Assertively training
Delegates will learn practical techniques to improve interaction with staff, clients and managers by adopting a constructive and assertive behavioural style. It will help people understand why they respond to particular situations in a passive or aggressive way and how to respect their own rights and those of others. Assertion is a life skill, therefore the course will also benefit attendees outside of the workplace.
- Course content
- Assertiveness – what it is and why it’s important
- Psychology – why do we respond to certain situation in a destructive and unhelpful manner?
- Techniques – methods for behaving assertively, amongst them: 'broken record', 'fogging' and ‘I’ statements
- No – approaches to enable participants to say ‘no’ in a constructive and effective way
- Negativity – responding to and dealing with your own and others' negativity
- Feedback – providing clear, yet tactful feedback to staff and colleagues on their actions.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Give themselves the opportunity to enhance their influence around their business
- Be more confident and resourceful when dealing with challenging situations
- Recognise the importance of empathetic communication when working towards a win/win resolution to conflict situations.