Webinar: Contractors, the taxman and your new liabilities – don’t get caught out
HMRC will shift responsibility for determining the tax status of some self-employed contractors (including agency workers) onto businesses in 2020. Businesses that use Personal Service companies will face the burden of ensuring that their contractors pay the right amount of tax and national insurance. They will have to tell affected workers of their determination and may be called on to explain why they have made their assessment.
This webinar has finished, you can watch it on-demand below:
Get up to speed with the new tax rules that will apply to some self-employed contractors from April 2020. Once in force, the rules will shift the liability for the determining employment tax status and the tax burden from the contractor's personal service company to the end-user business.
For manufacturing supply chains there will be complex new rules which may overlay existing relationships with employment agencies. The new rules will place new burdens and responsibilities upon businesses and may act as a barrier to accessing specialist skills in a flexible way.
- Ensure that you are tax-compliant from April 2020
- Get your workforce planning right and consider whether you may need to directly employ some staff
- You may need to adjust your budget for 2020
- Have you been correctly assessing all your workers in the past? Some may need to be reclassified as employees
- Agency workers’ status may need to change
Who should attend?
- HR professionals, Financial officers
- Anyone involved in engaging or recruiting people working via an intermediary
- Patrick Ford, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
- Tim Thomas, Director of Labour and Skills Policy, Make UK
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £ + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)