Drug Alcohol Gambling and Mental Health Awareness Training Day
This one day programme has been designed for employers and their employees to have an awareness of and the tools to identify issues with; alcohol, drugs, gambling and mental health – and to give you the skills to provide early interventions.
The issues identified through this programme are designed to support the company's existing process and is unique as it brings together four key areas into one condensed programme.
- Course Content
The following objectives will be achieved through the programme:
- Understand the early warning signs for employees who have issues with; alcohol, gambling, drugs and mental health.
- Align this learning to existing company programmes.
- Give confidence to the employer to provide early interventions to employees in an appropriate manner to support them.
- To provide guidance on identifying alcohol and drug misuse.
- To develop skillset in broaching the subjective of alcohol and drug misuse.
- To develop skillset in delivering brief, early interventions.
The employer on the programme will see the following benefits:
- Reduce workplace stigma relating to target areas and increase willingness to disclose challenges.
- Reduce unplanned absenteeism due to ease of access to support and interventions.
- Improve staff retention and reduce the associated recruitment costs (Human Resources (HR), training etc.).
- Reduce supervision/management time spent addressing issues.
- Provide specialist guidance to managers for having conversations relating to the above issues.
- Provide specialist support to existing Occupational Health and HR teams.
- Increase workplace wellbeing and Health & Safety awareness relating to target areas.
- Improve employer confidence by providing visible employee support and assistance.
- Reduce incidents/accidents resulting in associated insurance benefits.
- Improve motivation of staff.
There are no pre-requisites for this programme, it is open for all employers who want to understand how to support their employees in these four key areas.
- More details
This course is aimed at any one who manages staff within their companies and is designed to provide the support necessary to employers for providing early interventions when issues are identified in relation to; alcohol, drugs, gambling and mental health.