Health, Safety & Sustainability Update Seminar
- Course content
Our ever popular Make UK Health, Safety & Sustainability Update Seminars run twice a year and cover the latest developments in health, safety and sustainability and look ahead at what's coming up on the horizon.
Held at Make UK's flagship venue, Woodland Grange in Leamington Spa, this event offers and in-depth analysis from legal experts and Make UK's experts to make sure you're fully prepared for what's around the corner.
Senior Associates from Squire Patton Boggs will be giving an update on what's currently happening in the profession and the wider implications for industry, with a particular focus on the recent changes to the Sentencing Guidelines.
Make UK's experts in Health, Safety & Sustainability will also deliver sessions that look ahead to what's coming next in both fields, provide an update on the Sentencing Guidelines. Informed by Make UK's European representatives these sessions give you the inside knowledge from the forefront of driving European & Domestic governmental policy.
New this year is a live Q&A session in both disciplines which you are invited to submit questions.
We also run condensed versions of this event as a half day seminar, delivered by Make UK practitioners around the country.
There are no pre-requisites.
There is no formal assessment.
- More details
MORNING – HEALTH & SAFETY UPDATE
H&S Policy, Practice & Legal Update - Make UK’s Head of Health & Safety Policy, Terry Woolmer
- HSE Chemicals EU Exit Strategy.
- Are we about to see an Occupational Health Revolution in the UK?
- H&S in the UK and a No Deal Scenario with the EU.
- EU-OSHA campaign on Dangerous Substances – what are you doing?
- More revised Workplace Exposure Limits for the UK.
- HSE’s Field Operations Division (FOD) Manufacturing sector strategy.
- GDPR & H&S – What personal information do you keep?
- How should the Manufacturing Sector tackle wellbeing at work?
Latest Health & Safety Civil Law Cases, Prosecutions and their implications - Gary Lewis, Director at Squire Patton Boggs
Safely Breaking Barriers - Make UK’s Health, Safety & Sustainability Lead for the Midlands, Ian Cooke
As the world seems to be creating hard borders and adjusting trade tariffs it can feel like the world is getting smaller and less cooperative. Health and safety is trying to do the opposite. 2018 saw the launch of the eagerly anticipated international standard 45001 and along with this terminology that could be used internationally. REACH celebrated 11 years in June this year and INSHPO signed an Accord in late 2017 looking at global standards for the OHS professional. Are these global approaches working and how does it impact on the typical UK manufacturer? This session will take a look 45001, REACH and GHS and Training solutions to see if they are improving safety globally.
AFTERNOON – SUSTAINABILITY UPDATE
Environmental Policy, Practice and & Legal Update - Roz Bulleid, Head of Climate & Environment Policy
- Environmental principles and governance post-Brexit and plans for a new Environment Act
- The government’s Air Pollution Strategy and the forthcoming Resources & Waste Strategy
- Update on Brexit preparations, including no deal options for chemicals, industrial emissions and climate policy
- Reforms to electricity network charging and closure of the Feed In Tariff Scheme and what they might mean for onsite renewable energy
- The newly launched Industrial Heat Recovery Scheme
Latest Environmental Civil Law Cases, Prosecutions and their implications - Anita Lloyd, Director at Squire Patton Boggs.
Energy & Carbon Reporting Consultation - James Wyse, Make UK’s National Sustainability Lead
The Government response to the Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting.
By attending this seminar, delegates will:
- Understand important changes to the legislation and regulation that affect your business.
- Keep you up-to-date with what’s changed and stay ahead of the game on proposals in the pipeline.
- Network with professionals representing industry across the UK.
- Speak to Make UK’s experts and legal experts from Squires Patton Boggs on the issues that matter to you.