IEMA International Associate Certificate in Environmental Management
This course is aimed at those who require a good understanding of how environmental issues should be managed in the workplace. It is a practical course which will assist organisations in implementing an environmental management system such as ISO 14001. It will be of benefit to managers, team leaders and others who have responsibility for environmental management. It will also benefit health and safety practitioners who have been given responsibility for advising on environmental aspects. It is a good starting point for those wishing to pursue a career in environmental management.
- Course content
Environmental aspects and impacts evaluation
– Environmental law standards and enforcement
– Policies and management systems, eg ISO 14001
– Business benefits
– International conventions and policy
– Resource management including waste minimisation and management
– Life cycle assessment
– Energy management
– Water pollution prevention and control
– Air pollution and control
– Environmental auditing
– Climate change mitigation and adaptation
– Land contamination management
– Earth systems and natural cycles
– Environmental impacts – air, land, water
– Management of environmental performance
– Environmental sustainability
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
The course is assessed by a 2.5 hr examination.
- More details
Completion of the course leads to associate membership of IEMA (AIEMA) leading to full membership of IEMA (MIEMA) and chartered status CEnv (contact the membership body for the full details on membership requirements).