IEMA International Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice
Module 1 - Managing Environmental Media and Issues
- Business interaction with natural cycles
- Managing releases into environmental media: air, land and water
- Best available techniques for preventing/minimising environmental harm
- Risk assessment methodologies
- Environmental monitoring techniques
- Noise measurement and control
- Environmental radiation
- Contaminated land
- Energy management
Module 2 - Sustainability for Business
- The meaning of sustainable development
- Holistic approaches to sustainable development
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Designing for the environment
- Sustainable procurement and consumption
- Sustainable communities/transport
- Resource efficiency management
- Integrated management systems
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
Module 3 - Strategic Environmental Management
- Sustainable development in the business context
- The business case for sustainable development
- Role of environmental management within the risk management framework
- Corporate governance and corporate social responsibility
- Strategic risks
- Managing performance and reporting
- Managing change
- Influencing skills
- Communication and stakeholder engagement
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a thorough knowledge of the content included in the syllabus of the IEMA environmental Certificate would be beneficial.
Work based assignments.The course is assessed by work based assignments that can be of great benefit to the businesses sustainability and environmental performance.
Prepares candidates to become full members of IEMA (MIEMA) and an option to progress to Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv).
(contact the membership body for the full details on membership requirements)
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.