Introduction to pipe fitting
Pipework is used all through industry and is essential for the delivery of various products through pipework systems. You will almost certainly come into contact with pipework of some form in your workplace and these can include but are not limited to, gas, steam, water, oil and even food products.
- Course content
During this course delegates will cover the following:
- Introduction to Pipe Fitting, including Health & Safety requirements.
- Pipe material, joining methods including screwed, welded, socket welds, glue and compression
- Pipe and fittings, including supports and brackets and preparing pipe ends.
- Read and interpret isometric piping diagrams
- Pipe spool calculations
- Pipe bending exercises
- Introduction to and operation of Ridgid cutting machine
- Fabricate threaded pipe spools from isometric drawings
- Hydrostatic testing of pipe system
- Career progression
This 4 day course will deliver good underpinning knowledge of pipework and pipework systems and, through the practical elements of the training enable the delegates to fabricate and install basic pipework spools safely.
No prior knowledge or experience is required. The aim of this course is to provide candidates with the knowledge and understanding to carry out basic pipefitting tasks safely and efficiently.
Delegates will need to demonstrate knowledge and understanding and complete two practical tasks. To fabricate a threaded pipe spool and bend pipe to a stated angle in accordance with supplied schematics drawings. The work will be assessed to ensure that the dimensions and orientations are correct and meet the specified requirements. Delegates will also need to demonstrate that they can operate the machinery and tools safely. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
There are no further details for this course.