IOA certificate in environmental noise measurement
This Institute of Acoustics (IOA) certified course enables people to carry out environmental noise assessments and devise effective company noise management programmes. It provides delegates with a basic knowledge of the methodology of environmental noise measurement, including the accurate use of sound level meters and analysers.
- Course content
The course will show delegates how to:
- conduct environmental noise measurements in and around the workplace
- make reliable measurements of background noise
- present and interpret measurement data
- advise on noise control techniques.
Delegates are required to bring a scientific calculator, but EEF can provide if given prior notice. Delegates may also like to bring their own noise measuring equipment, but this is not required.
Candidates are required to bring a tripod capable of ensuring a measurement height of at least 1.2m and that the sound level meter requirement states that they should be type1/class 1 capable of measuring LAeq, LAmax, LA10 and LA90 over 1 minute and 15 minute periods as a minimum, and should have a type1/class 1 calibrator with them.
- By examination
- As part of the course, delegates undertake a practical and written assessment
- Successful candidates are awarded a certificate of competence validated by the Institute of Acoustics.
- More details
Delegates may progress to:
- IOA certificate in the management of occupational exposure to hand arm vibration
- IOA certificate in workplace noise assessment.