This unique 14-day training programme applies lean tools to a full-scale, configurable assembly line which vividly illustrates the types of improvements each tool can deliver. This highly practical course demonstrates the tools needed to increase workplace productivity, without increasing headcount. Individuals are also expected to complete a practical Lean project to ensure that there is an immediate efficiency or productivity improvement to your business. This course is suitable for any person or team involved with improving efficiency and productivity in a manufacturing environment.
- Course content
- Lean awareness – the history, culture and importance of lean and how it can help your company
- Voice of the customer – how Lean benefits external and internal customers, how Lean links to overall business strategy
- Process mapping – visualising processes and how to pre-populate this with data
- Current and future state mapping – practical lean exercises around the EEF workshop
- Visual management (5S) – effective workplace organisation
- Flow layout – understand and evaluate takt time and line balancing
- Standard work – discover the most efficient method to produce a product at a balanced flow – ensure quality and customer satisfaction whilst eliminating hidden wastes
- Material control – how to effectively control materials through kanban
- Advanced lean tools – total productive maintenance and single minute exchange of dies – minimising down time
- Practical problem solving – 8D methodology – long term solutions for recurring problems.
- Sustaining lean – lean behaviour, lean assessment, benchmarking, the A3 process and planning.
- Follow on work – following completion of the course, dates will be agreed with each delegate for two days of post-training mentoring on an individual company-specific project.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Have the perfect starting point for a lean project
- Be supported by an experienced EEF Lean coach throughout their first lean project
- Be equipped with a practical and visual knowledge of lean
- Develop a deep, broad understanding of how lean can improve efficiency and productivity.