Lean facilitator/lean champion training
The course is aimed at individuals whose role includes tactical lean leadership responsibilities, including lean facilitators or champions with responsibility for implementing lean programmes. Training focuses on team building, basic project management and conflict resolution to ensure that delegates are capable of identifying and prioritising opportunities and consistently delivering significant results through guiding, coaching and enthusing colleagues.
- Course content
- Lean principles – understanding why lean is important and how it can have a positive impact on business
- Lean tools – including visual management, value stream mapping and identifying the eight hidden wastes and how to reduce them
- Lean monitoring – measures, targets and how to monitor the effects of lean
- Lean roles – understanding the role of the champion and the skills linked to the role
- Conflict handling – dealing with the culture change that lean brings
- Project management – the entire process, from selecting to assessing the project’s success.
There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, to gain maximum benefit from the course, delegates should have some existing knowledge of lean. This could be gained from completing a lean six sigma white belt or introduction to lean course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Lead a team in lean principles and their benefits
- Lead a team in identifying customer value
- Lead a team in recognising and reducing the eight wastes
- Identify areas for improvement and plan solutions
- Communicate effective plans and results to senior management.