Lean six sigma training for champions and executives
This one-day course provides lean champions and executives with an understanding of the organisational elements of championing a lean team – taking delegates through the fundamental Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control (DMAIC) process. This will equip attendees with the principal tools needed to remove any roadblocks encountered by their teams. The course also covers effective project selection and monitoring, to ensure the smooth running and success of future lean projects.
This one-day training programme is designed for senior managers and executives, as well as change managers, who are responsible for leading and championing lean strategy.
- Course content
- Lean tools – problem solving (8D), visual management (5S), process mapping and route cause analysis (the five whys)
- Lean principles – adding value, value stream, flow, pull and continuous improvement
- Implementing lean six sigma – engaging and encouraging all of your staff to embrace the change and get involved
- Project selection - select, prioritise and define projects, then monitor and assess them
- World class performance – What it is and why we aim for it?
- Organisation of Lean six sigma – roles, responsibilities and how to get the most from your team
- Continuous improvement – How to build your lean six sigma teams and spread lean methodologies across the company
- Change acceleration process – deployment success factors
- Communication – asking the right questions during tollgate reviews
- DMAIC roadmap – a sample project to help you see lean in practice.
There are no pre-requisites but it would be beneficial to have some prior knowledge of lean for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Select, monitor and assess projects with added confidence
- Be able to demonstrate how lean fits in with their overall business objectives
- Be equipped with the basic tools needed to take on the role of lean champion with confidence.