Lean tool refresher training
Anybody who has had some experience of lean and has an understanding of the basic tools will benefit from this one-day course. It is ideal for those who need to refresh and update their knowledge of lean with a revision of the principal tools, including latest best practice. Delegates will also find new strategies for saving time and money and boosting productivity.
- Course content
- Value stream mapping – analyse processes and identify areas for improvement
- 5S - effective workplace organisation to reduce time wasting
- Spaghetti diagrams – create a visual document to identify where factory layout can be improved to decrease unnecessary travelling time
- Kanban – reduce Inventory waste
- SMED – reduce turnaround time through effective factory equipment use.
A basic knowledge of lean is required, which may have involved previous lean training or experience of lean tools and techniques.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate on completion.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Identify waste and utilise the correct lean tool for improvements
- Set up and maintain effective visual management through the workplace
- Reduce inventory waste using Kanban
- Reduce transportation waste using spaghetti diagrams
- Minimise downtime using Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED)
- Strengthen understanding of customer value and processes.