Appraisal Skills and Objective Setting
This practical one-day workshop will support line managers and team leaders in carrying out effective performance reviews of their team, using the formal appraisal process. The course will ensure that delegates fully understand their responsibilities in the performance management cycle and how to structure and conduct appraisals to maximise the value of the meeting. Delegates will understand how to adapt appraisals to suit different types of employees, including underperformers, 'stars', those who have ‘been there done that’ and all types of team member in-between.
- Course content
- Manage individual performance more effectively through appraisals
- Communicate the benefits of the appraisal system to their team
- Prepare effectively in order to maximise the value of the appraisal meeting
- Structure the meeting according to the needs of the person
- Set, agree and review meaningful, stretching targets and objectives
- Identify the different options for developing the individual
- Provide feedback in a constructive, fair and objective way
- Practice good questioning and listening techniques
- Practice having a potentially difficult performance conversation.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
There are no further details for this course.