NEBOSH Environmental Diploma
This 16 day NEBOSH Environmental Diploma is designed to develop and strengthen the environmental management skills of health and safety practitioners and other suitable candidates. Emphasis is placed on the management of environmental risk in relation to the damage caused by work activities and the selection of the best available techniques to minimise environmental risk. Delivered in three week-long blocks, including one revision day, it will be invaluable for those aiming to develop and implement effective environmental risk management systems within their organisations.
NEBOSH and IEMA now in partnership
If you achieve NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management qualification, you are now eligible for Practitioner membership of IEMA and can use the PIEMA designatory letters.. This provides a wide range of membership benefits and professional recognition. To find out more and apply for IEMA membership, visit the IEMA website
- Course content
NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management syllabus:
- Principles of environmental risk management
- Environmental risk evaluation
- Control strategies for environmental risks
- Monitoring, review and audit
- Developments in environmental legislation
- Environmental legislative framework and methods of enforcement
- Gaseous and particulate releases to atmosphere
- Water resources management
- Control of environmental nuisance
- Hazardous substances
- Environmental implications of development and land use
- Energy use and efficiency
- Management of environmental risk
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, prospective candidates should be aware this is a professional level qualification approximately equivalent to degree level.
Course attendees are assessed by an examination and work based project.
- More details
On successful completion of the course delegates will be entitled to apply for membership of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).