Safeguarding Prevent and British Values
This is a unique course as it will be pitched for employers and not educational establishments.
The course is aimed at companies who have recruited apprentices or are planning to. This will enable them to have an understanding of safeguarding and feel confident in helping to safeguard apprentices and young people.
- Course content
The employer on the programme will see the following benefits:
- Are given clear guidance on what needs to be in place for Safeguarding arrangements are judged effective;
- Understand the purpose of the Prevent Strategy and their responsibilities for its implementation;
- Understand the importance of designating a lead for safeguarding and the responsibilities which come with that role
- Understand radicalisation and how to protect apprentices from extremism;
- Feel confident in helping to safeguard apprentices and young people; and,
- Are guided on how to demonstrate the effectiveness of an organisation’s safeguarding arrangements.
On British values:
- Developing the delegates knowledge and understanding of British values;
- Identify how aspects of British values should be promoted in the day-to-day work of organisations with apprentices;
- Present delegates with apprentice-focused activities and resources to ensure that the promotion of British values has demonstrable impact on the apprentices understanding
The course is primarily designed for employers who have apprentices within their business. However, it is not limited to these clients and welcomes other employers who require support in these areas.
No formal assessment.
- More details
Course Participants:This course is aimed at employers who have apprentices within their companies and is designed to provide the support necessary to embed British Values (which are a key part of the apprenticeship programme) and to also provide support on the safe guarding of employees.