Using the new Customs Declaration System
This course will explain the importance of import and export customs declarations and completion rules for HMRC’s new Customs Declaration System (CDS). We will compare the new data requirements with current system CHIEF, and help you identify first steps towards compliance with the new UK customs system.
We will also take a closer look at the reasons behind the move, identify some key areas of development and introduce the new CDS tariff to support all export and import customs declarations.
- Understand the UK’s customs infrastructure
- How to navigate the UK tariff
- Review of current UK customs procedures
- Comparison of CHIEF and CDS, including key changes in data requirements for CDS
- Familiarise with the CDS migration timeline and preparation steps
- Registering for CDS - Obligations for traders and declarants
- Identify the new declaration categories and data requirements within CDS
- How to navigate the online guidance provided by CDS
Pre-requisitesThere are no pre-requisites.
Who should attend
- Supply chain
- Export and import administration
- Legal in general, any individual dealing with international movement of goods