Employee Representative with Redundancy Training - Virtual classroom
Our virtual classroom training provides an online environment for our training programmes to be delivered at your home or office. You get the same access to our experienced consultants and learn from your peers in an interactive environment that replicates a physical classroom.
This virtual classroom course provides delegates with the necessary skills to be able to seek views from and manage feedback to employees via effective preparation and participation. Attendees will learn the role of employee representation, and develop skills in handling communication and carrying out effective consultation meetings. They will also gain an overview of key legislation, which might be required if asked to accompany employees at meetings or hearings.
This half a day course includes:
Understanding the Role
- Overview of the redundancy process, including legal overview, collective & individual consultation and selection pools & criteria
- The purpose of consultative bodies
- Understanding what consultation is
- The scope of the role of an employee representative
- What roles and responsibilities are there in an employee representative group?
- The skills needed to be an effective representative
- How to improve listening skills
- How to have an effective employee representative meeting
- Expected behaviour in consultation meetings
- Other meetings you may be asked to support as an employee representative
- The legalities of being an employee representative
- When does statutory consultation apply?
To join our virtual classes, you’ll need:
- Chrome or Firefox
- An internet connection
- An internal or external microphone, and preferably a webcam and headset