Managing people in a virtual environment - Virtual classroom
Our virtual classroom training provides an online environment for our training programmes to be delivered at your home or office. You get the same access to our experienced consultants and learn from your peers in an interactive environment that replicates a physical classroom.
This virtual classroom course provides delegates with the knowledge and skill to manage people effectively who are working in a virtual environment. We explore the key essentials to keep your workforce productive at home, best approaches for effective communication and holding online meetings, plus how to safeguard and manage the wellbeing of your team, as they work remotely.
This 1/2-day course covers:
- Set mutual expectations: Focus on goals, achievements and results, promote trust within the team, minimise micro-management.
- Appropriate resources: Facilitate the correct resources and tools to perform effectively, including coaching or training.
- The new ‘workspace’ and working practices: Designated workspace, organisation and structure, breaks and switching off.
- If things go wrong: Poor motivation, underperformance, Performance Improvement Plans, Disciplinary action, alternative work arrangements.
- Stay connected: Maintaining a sense of unity and continuity. Daily huddles and one-to-one meetings, conference calls.
- Share information: Facilitate opportunities to share appropriate updates, knowledge, learning and tips.
- Feedback and communications: Recognition, praise or fair and constructive criticism.
- Advantages and pitfalls of informal virtual chats: Discrimination, virtual banter.
- Top tips for productive virtual meetings: Meeting etiquette, video calling, speaking speed, tone and clarity.
- Captivating slides and materials. Keeping it simple and interesting.
- Competent Chairing: Engaging participants, agreeing actions, takeaways, notes/minutes, summarising.
Safeguarding Team Wellbeing
- Dignity: Preserving the dignity and inclusivity of the virtual team.
- Listen v Hear: Effective listening skills, finely tuned awareness, virtual body language.
- Foster relationships: Inspire personal wellbeing, work-life balance, and social conversations.
- Mental Health First Aiders and Wellbeing Champions for virtual workers
Evaluating Remote Working
- The Bigger Picture: How the team’s work fits into the business operations and its success.
- Review the ‘new’ ways of working: Collaborate with your virtual team, successes, recommendations, improvements, experiences of virtual working.
- Review and Revise: Examine short-term individual and team goals and amend as needed.
- Quiz time
By attending this course, delegates will:
- Feel enables to offer support to those who may be struggling with working remotely and signpost to advice and support
- Confidently deliver online meetings to teams and seniors managers
- Understand the tools and digital requirements needed to work remotely and use these effectively
- Understand the importance of being connected with colleagues and team members
- Know how to evaluate, monitor and make improvements to achieve business aims and successes
To join our virtual classes, you’ll need:
- Chrome or Firefox
- An internet connection
- An internal or external microphone, and preferably a webcam and headset
No assessment but delegates will complete an activity set at the end of the day.