Managing within employment law - Virtual classroom
Our virtual classroom training provides an online environment for our training programmes to be delivered at your home or office. You get the same access to our experienced consultants and learn from your peers in an interactive environment that replicates a physical classroom.
This virtual classroom course provides delegates with an understanding of key areas of employment law. It will be beneficial to newly appointed supervisors or managers, anyone new to the responsibilities of HR or those looking to take a basic refresher course. This course will enable managers and supervisors to use their knowledge of employment law in reaching sound management decisions in line with legislation, thus avoiding the risk of potentially costly infringements.
This one-day course covers:
- Contracts of employment – forming and terminating contracts of employment
- Equality and discrimination – the nine protected characteristics and how discrimination can occur in the workplace
- Discipline and grievance – understanding how to handle disciplinary and grievance situations, including nipping situations in the bud, investigations and disciplinary and grievance hearings
- Absence – managing short and long term absence
- Dismissal – understanding unfair dismissal rights
- Family related rights – understanding rights around maternity leave, shared parental leave, flexible working, parental leave and time off for dependents
By attending this course, delegates will:
- Understand key areas of employment law and be able to apply their knowledge to the workplace
- Recognise when disciplinary action should be considered and how to handle disciplinary situations
- Recognise a grievance and understand how to respond appropriately
- Know when to seek advice and assistance from other managers and HR practitioners
To join our virtual classes, you’ll need:
- Chrome or Firefox
- An internet connection
- An internal or external microphone, and preferably a webcam and headset
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.