ATEX and DSEAR awareness training
This one-day course is aimed at electricians and engineers who are required to work in or near explosive atmospheres. It will inform them about compliance with the mandatory European directives that set the standards for equipment used in explosive atmospheres (ATEX).
Training will cover the European ATEX Directives; 94/9/EC (the product directive); and 1999/92/EC (the use or workplace directive, which was implemented into UK law through the Equipment and Protective Systems Regulations 1996 (the EPS Regs). It will also cover the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR).
- Course content
- Statutory requirements and non-statutory guidance
- ATEX 95 & 137 Directives and the DSEAR and EPS Regulations
- Hazardous area classification
- Hazardous products
- Equipment certification and markings
- Inspection and testing of electrical equipment located in hazardous areas
- 'Permit to work' procedures
- Practical scenario.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
Be able to demonstrate an awareness of requirements for work on or near a range of defined hazardous areas.