Become an apprentice
How to find and apply for an apprenticeship with Make UK
In light of the upcoming results day, we are offering support and advice around manufacturing and engineering apprenticeships via our helpline:
- Call 0121 344 7903 between 10.30 – 2.30pm On Thursday 13th and Thursday 20th
- Call 0121 344 7903 between 9-1pm on Friday 14th and Friday 21st
Alternatively, you can email [email protected] and we will get back to you to arrange a show around our Technology Hub or to talk with our of our advisors around next steps and opportunities
If you have exam queries or general careers advice requests other than manufacturing or engineering, please contact the National Careers Service Exam Results helpline. Young people or parents can contact the helpline on 0800 100 900 and speak to a professionally quailed careers advisor on next steps. Helpline available from 8am to 10pm from Thursday 13th August until Friday 28th August.
Top reasons to become an apprentice
These are the top reasons to become an apprentice with Make UK. Even during this time of uncertainty, the UK manufacturing sector is still an excellent place to work. Over the recent days' companies in this sector large and small have all come together to support in any way they can our NHS and healthcare system – making you feel proud to work in such an amazing industry – really making a difference.
- Make UK is a state of the art training centre full of high tech facilities
- You could be working for one of the great many UK manufacturing companies – like; Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls Royce, Ibstock, AE Aerospace and many more
- You will earn a salary from day one – no debt from your studies
- Learn faster and perform better and make a difference
- Apprentices can enjoy a 90% retention rate when completing their apprenticeship
- At Make UK we offer a wide variety of extra activities to ensure your skills like:
>Competing in WorldSkills competitions
> Outdoor learning week in your 1st year
> Evening Advanced Manufacturing Club – working on group projects to enhance your skills
> Supporting our open events to promote apprenticeships to the next generation >
- The average pay for engineering apprentices is almost double the minimum rate (Source: BEIS Apprentice Pay Survey).
Become a future maker today and make a real difference
Hear from our apprentices
We interviewed our apprentices to find out why they think an apprenticeship is a great choice for young people >>