NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety - Classroom
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is a globally relevant fire safety qualification that you can complete in just one week. Through its focused syllabus you can learn and develop fire safety skills that can be used in workplaces anywhere in the world. This qualification can help you protect people, property and ultimately your business from the harm a fire can cause. This qualification replaces the National and International Certificates in Fire Safety and Risk Management.
Studying NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety with delegates from other organisations, at one of our training centres, provides a rich learning experience that allows you to get away from the distractions of the workplace, learn from your peers, and focus on your qualification.
As with all our standard courses, this course can be delivered specifically for a group of people within your company. We’ll incorporate your existing policies and procedures, bringing the content to life and ensuring real relevance to your organisation. Please contact us to discuss if this is of interest to your business.
- Gain a solid technical foundation to build on through practical application and experience
- Positively influence fire safety behaviours and improve fire safety culture
- Learn fire safety techniques that are based on global best practice
- Provide valuable in-house fire safety expertise for you workplace
- Advance your career by gaining specialist fire safety knowledge
- Avoid the damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that result from fire.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for fire safety in low to medium risk workplaces
- Health and Safety managers
- Facilities Managers
- Health and safety representatives within businesses.
This qualification has a two-step assessment process which consists of:
- An open book examination: you will be able to complete this at home or in another safe and suitable location where you can concentrate. You will be presented with a scenario that describes a realistic workplace and situation. You will then be asked to carry out a series of tasks using evidence presented in the scenario as well as the underpinning knowledge you have gained through your studies and revision. You will have 24 hours to complete and submit your paper - though you should be able to complete it in 4-5 hours.
- A practical fire risk assessment: the fire risk assessment has been developed around fire risk assessment standards such as the Home Office fire guidance and PAS79-1:2020. The time needed to complete the fire risk assessment is not restricted. We do, however, recommend that you take around three hours to complete all four parts of the assessment. We feel that the three hours will allow you to show your understanding of the assessment requirements and complete a good quality fire risk assessment.
- Both assessments will be marked by an external examiner appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Learners should have a suitable standard of English language to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
Why Choose Make UK to Study?
Make UK Environmental, Health & Safety team are dedicated to improving EHS knowledge and performance in individuals and companies across the UK. Our trainers are professional consultants with industry recognized qualifications and practical experience.
For your convenience, costs quoted are inclusive of tuition, course materials, assessment, and certificate, which is awarded for successful completion of the qualification.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £872 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)