NEBOSH Health & Safety Management for Construction – E-learning
This course is a leading risk and safety management qualification for the construction industry and for anyone looking to transition into construction management. It gives learners the skills, knowledge and confidence to manage and reduce risk on a construction site.
The course will provide an understanding of all health and safety responsibilities, requirements and particular duties of the latest construction industry regulations. Delegates will be better able to influence their on-site colleagues to work more safely; because they will gain the confidence and technical know-how to challenge unsafe behaviours and offer practical solutions.
This course can help to:
- Minimise workplace injuries and illness
- Ensure you comply with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
- Understand the responsibilities of the six roles in the CDM regulations
- Boost employee wellbeing
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety, which can help win business
- Strengthen your health and safety culture
The course is made up of one central unit NC1: Managing Construction Health and Safety. The unit covers 13 elements and covers critical construction health and safety issues, including CDM regulation, risk assessment and management, safety culture, and hazard control.
With an emphasis on practical application, successful learners will be able to:
- Recognise, assess and control a range of common construction hazards
- Develop safe systems of work
- Take part in incident investigations
- Advise on the roles, competencies and duties under construction legislation
- Positively influence health and safety culture
- Confidently challenge unsafe behaviours
- Help manage contractors.
AssessmentThe assessment is an open book examination, which will be based on a realistic scenario, that will test both what you know and what you can do. You will be asked to carry out a series of tasks using evidence from the scenario and the underpinning knowledge gained through your studies and revision. You will have 48 hours to download, complete and submit your assessment and it will be marked by an external examiner appointed by NEBOSH.
Who is this course for?
The qualification is aimed at Managers, Supervisors or anyone who manages construction health and safety as part of their role.It also makes excellent continued professional development (CPD) for health and safety professionals working in other industries or looking to move into construction.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £450 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)