Changing Terms of Employment - E-Learning
- Meaning of different types of terms of employment: express, implied and incorporated
- Different sources of terms of employment
- Contractual and non-contractual terms of employment
- What is meant by ‘flexibility’ clauses and their limitations
- Procedure for making changes to contractual terms and conditions
- Changing terms by reaching agreement
- Dismissal and re-engagement
- Collective consultation and changing terms of employment
- Unilateral imposition of new terms of employment
- Pros and cons of different methods of changing terms and conditions
- Legal risks associated with changing contractual terms of employment
By completing this course delegates will:
- Recognise the main sources of terms of employment
- Be able to identify express, implied and incorporated terms of employment
- Understand the distinction between contractual and non-contractual terms of employment and how this affects the ability to make changes
- Recognise different types of flexibility clauses and be aware of their limitations
- Gain an overview of the procedure involved in the three main methods of changing terms of employment: by agreement, dismissal and re-engagement and unilateral imposition
- Recognise when the rules on statutory collective consultation may be triggered by changing terms of employment
- Be able to evaluate the pros and cons of the different methods of making changes to terms of employment
- Be aware of the legal risks associated with the different methods of changing terms of employment
Pre-requisitesThere are no pre-requisites for this course
AssessmentBy assessment questions at the end of the course whereby delegates are required to answer 10 questions and will be advised of the results along with ‘areas for revision’ as necessary.
CredentialsThis course can be undertaken by any employee at any time – all that is needed is computer and internet access.
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £35 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)