Crane driving and slinging training
This one-day practical course is designed to give new and existing crane drivers, slingers and other concerned parties, confidence in the safe operation of cranes and tackle.
This training programme meets the requirements under Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) and Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER). By completing this course, delegates will meet the legal requirements under the Health & Safety At Work Act 1974.
- Course content
- Legislation relating to crane driving and slinging (LOLER)
- Legislation relating to work equipment and machinery (PUWER)
- Safety Codes of Practice for various types of cranes, pendant, overhead and mobile equipment
- Use of chain and rope slings and sling identification
- Eye bolts and shackles
- Correct slinging techniques
- Estimation of weight to be lifted
- Use of load charts
- Use of crane controls
- Safe transportation of loads
- Hand signals.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Candidates will be expected to pass a practical test and theory test (which may be an oral test). A certificate will be awarded to successful candidates.
- More details
There are no further details for this course.