Electricity at Work training
This one-day modular course will assist duty holders in meeting the Electricity at Work Regulations to ensure safety. It is particularly relevant to engineers, including those involved in design, construction, operation or maintenance of electrical systems; technicians and their managers; electricians and electrical installers, and managers and supervisors with responsibilities for electrical equipment. It is expected that delegates will have basic UK health and safety awareness and also some knowledge of the danger from electricity.
This course breaks down into four modules that can be delivered separately as individual training units.
Electricity at Work Regulations 1989:
- Covering each regulation with the key issues on inspection and enforcement for HSE Inspectors.
Statutory regulations and associated memoranda relating to electrical installations:
- 21 statutory regulations applicable to England and Wales are presented
Electricity at Work Safe Working Practices:
- Assessing safe working practices.
Guidance on the management of electrical safety and safe isolation procedures for low voltage installations:
- Accident case study
- Site safety management
- Safe isolation procedures for final circuits.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By completing this course delegates will:
- Assist duty holders in meeting the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations
- Review the principle legal requirements as set out in the statutory regulations and associated memoranda provisions relating to electrical installations
- Cover the key elements to consider when devising or operating safe working practices where people carry out any work on or near electrical equipment
- Provide practical guidance about protecting employees and other workers against serious or fatal electrical injuries.
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £0 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)