Finance training for non-financial managers
This introductory one-day workshop is perfect for non-financial executives, directors and managers at all levels who wish to gain a practical working knowledge of finance. It de-mystifies the language of finance to enable managers to contribute more effectively to business performance and talk more easily to financial colleagues.
The course enables delegates to understand key accounting concepts, and improve forecasting and cost management skills. It can be customised to individual companies using an organisation's own financial information.
- How to interpret accounts, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Use of financial ratios
- Understanding accounts, accounting standards and rules
- Management accounting
- Control of working capital, stock, creditors, debtors and cash
- Budget forecasting and control
- Cost accounting and control
- Understanding the need to financially appraise capital expenditure projects
- Company taxation and strategies
- The economy, the city and financial control.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Be able to demonstrate their understanding of financial techniques associated with capital expenditure and the concept of risk management
- Be able to keep their budgeting and forecasting under stricter control
- Understand financial jargon around reports.