Fire safety awarenessAn introductory course covering the fundamentals of managing fire risks providing the knowledge to identify fire risks and ensure effective controls and evacuation procedures are in place.
- Course content
- Fire safety legislation and regulation – how to comply and the role of enforcement agencies and other external bodies
- Combustion and the fire triangle - how fires start and how they spread
- Sources of ignition, fuel and oxygen – identifying the risks
- Fire safety in buildings – identifying combustible and fire resistant materials
- Means of escape – How to ensure they are adequate and effective
- Emergency preparedness – the resources you need and the procedures and training you need in place
- Record keeping and reporting – statutory requirements and other relevant records such as log books and training records
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No formal assessment but exercises throughout the course will assess your learning.
- More details
Who should attend?
Those responsible for ensuring the workplace is a safe environment for the workforce, visitors and the public.
Benefits of attending:
- Ability to ensure fire risks are effectively managed:
- Identifying fire risks and recognising the need for fire risk assessments
- Ensuring procedures are effective and well communicated
- Ensure effective evacuation procedures are in place and operational
- Ensure compliance with fire safety laws