Fire Safety Awareness
An introductory course covering the fundamentals of managing fire risks providing the knowledge to identify fire risks and ensure effective controls and evacuation procedures are in place.
- Fire safety legislation and regulation – how to comply and the role of enforcement agencies and other external bodies
- Combustion and the fire triangle - how fires start and how they spread
- Sources of ignition, fuel and oxygen – identifying the risks
- Fire safety in buildings – identifying combustible and fire resistant materials
- Means of escape – How to ensure they are adequate and effective
- Emergency preparedness – the resources you need and the procedures and training you need in place
- Record keeping and reporting – statutory requirements and other relevant records such as log books and training records
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No formal assessment but exercises throughout the course will assess your learning.
Who should attend?
Those responsible for ensuring the workplace is a safe environment for the workforce, visitors and the public.
Benefits of attending:
- Ability to ensure fire risks are effectively managed:
- Identifying fire risks and recognising the need for fire risk assessments
- Ensuring procedures are effective and well communicated
- Ensure effective evacuation procedures are in place and operational
- Ensure compliance with fire safety laws
Who are Make UK?
Make UK has been helping companies to keep themselves and their employees safe for over 125 years. We deliver more than 10,000 training days each year and were the very first NEBOSH training partner
Together, we help your business to perform and grow.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £245 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)