Handling difficult conversations (Half Day)
This course is for line managers and supervisors that want to improve their skills in handling difficult conversations within the workplace. Difficult conversations come in all shapes and sizes, be it dealing with under performance, unwanted behaviours or rejecting a leave application. It’s important that these conversations focus on a positive outcome and individuals conducting them are equipped to manage emotions in a sensitive way.
- What makes a conversation difficult?
- The 5 step process to adopt when handling these conversations
- Effective communication
- Effective listening techniques and how to show you care
- Feeding back – Finishing on a positive
By attending this course, delegates will learn to:
- Handle difficult conversations effectively and maintain positive relationships in the workplace by focusing on the issue and not the person.
- Understand how to turn a negative situation into an opportunity to build trust, through brokering an agreed action plan and offering support.