Handling difficult conversations training
This half-day programme is for line managers, supervisors and HR professionals who have to conduct challenging conversations with staff, perhaps about their behaviour, results, or actions. It will also cover how to handle demanding and testing individuals.
This course will equip managers with the necessary confidence, knowledge and skills to engage with people from a productive and focused position.
- Feedback – The importance of giving people feedback, praising and reprimanding and how to do it
- When/What – Developing a framework to determine what action is appropriate
- Role Plays – Relatively straightforward scenarios to practice some basic skills, followed by more challenging situations
- Aggression – Understanding and addressing your own and others aggressive instincts
- Techniques –Simple and straightforward methods to help conduct and run challenging conversations
- Transactional analysis – A very simple overview of a framework for helping to maintain an objective and balanced position in challenging circumstances.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By completing this course, delegates will:
Have the skills to handle difficult conversations without damaging the employment relationship, thus increasing management competency and effectiveness.