How to Behave Assertively (Half Day)
This course is aimed at anyone, at any level of the organisation that struggles to remain assertive both inside and outside of the workplace. Delegates will learn practical techniques to improve interaction with staff, clients and managers by adopting a constructive and assertive behavioural style. It will help people understand why they respond to particular situations in a passive or aggressive way and how to respect their own rights and those of others.
- Assertiveness – what it is and why it’s important
- Psychology – why do we respond to certain situation in a destructive and unhelpful manner?
- Techniques – methods for behaving assertively, amongst them: 'broken record', 'fogging' and ‘I’ statements
- No – approaches to enable participants to say ‘no’ in a constructive and effective way
- Negativity – responding to and dealing with your own and others' negativity
- Feedback – providing clear, yet tactful feedback to staff and colleagues on their actions.
By completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Enhance their influence and act in a confident and resourceful manner during ‘day to day’ business, and in challenging situations. Recognise the importance of empathetic communication when working towards a win/win resolution to conflict situations.