ILM level 3 award in leadership and management
This six-day programme is designed to equip line managers with the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours to be effective in their roles and make a full contribution to implementing their organisation's business plans. The course is accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and focuses on leadership and team skills, problem solving and motivation. The training is practical, participative, fun and linked back to the workplace to enable delegates to put their learning into practice.
The programme covers four core areas of management:
Solving problems and making decisions
- Identifying problems - ways to recognise, investigate and analyse problems
- Techniques - brainstorming and creative thinking techniques
- Investigation - gathering and interpreting information to identify options to solve problems
- Critical information - importance of adequate and relevant information for effective decision making
- Decision making - evaluating options and justifying decisions taken
- Making it happen - implementing and communicating decisions
- Follow up on results - monitoring and reviewing techniques to evaluate outcome.
- Effective leadership - understanding the factors that influence choice of leadership style
- Leadership impact - reviewing how different leadership behaviours can have a positive or negative effect on individuals and the team
- Power and authority - understanding personal and positional power
- Personal leadership development - an opportunity for delegates to assess their own l leadership behaviours and take action to enhance their own effectiveness in the workplace.
Understanding how to establish an effective team
- Teams in organisations - reviewing the difference between groups and teams
- High performing teams - leading and developing teams at different stages of their development, aiming high
- Effective relationships - nurturing and building trust and respect within the team
- Team roles - understanding different team roles and valuing individual contributions
- Team potential - promoting and orchestrating team strengths and developing a balanced team
- Communication - encouraging open communication and keeping people informed
Understanding how to motivate to perform in the workplace
- Levels of motivation - understanding practical theories of motivation and application to individuals and teams
- Encouraging positive behaviours - understanding styles and patterns of behaviour at work and understanding factors that influence behaviour at work
- Encouraging positive behaviours - encouraging positive attitudes and reducing negativity
- Engaging people - creating environments that encourage employee engagement to improve performance and productivity.
Assessed by ILM assignments, written and oral briefing. As this course is formally assessed, there is additional support for delegates when completing assignments in their own time. Please check with the EEF location you will be attending for details.
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Develop the core knowledge, skills and behaviours to undertake their role with increased confidence and competence
- Gain knowledge of a range of tools and techniques to aid problem solving, personal leadership and creating an environment where teams and individuals ‘give of their best’
- Understand the differences they observe in people and know how to increase trust and respect across the team.
Why Choose Make UK to Study?
Make UK Environmental, Health & Safety team are dedicated to improving EHS knowledge and performance in individuals and companies across the UK. Our trainers are professional consultants with industry recognized qualifications and practical experience.
For your convenience, costs quoted are inclusive of tuition, course materials, assessment, and certificate, which is awarded for successful completion of the qualification.
Member pricing breakdown
*Member price = £1055 + VAT - Member discount applies to Make UK Members, and subscribers to our EHS or HR & Legal support packages (discount applied upon booking)