Introduction to Lean (Business Improvement Techniques)
Normally only available to the largest manufacturing companies, this 4½ day Introduction to Lean training will immerse delegates in both Lean principles and practical application of the basic techniques used to improve manufacturing processes and productivity.
The course has been tailored to deliver a mix of theory and practical techniques to give the delegates the ability to then apply their learning, giving support and drive improvement throughout their workplace. It is delivered as a series of sessions, a minimum of 2 sessions per day, to build up the delegates’ knowledge and practical application skills.
Through completing this course, the delegates will gain an in-depth understanding of how to analyse any process and then how to begin implementation of the business improvement techniques in the workplace.
- Course content
During the course, candidates will cover the following:
- Lean Principles introduction to tools and techniques
- 5S, 8W and Simulated waste reduction exercises
- Visual Management
- Value Stream and Process Mapping
- Standard Operating Procedures and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Continuous Improvement Methods and Line Balancing (Yamazumi)
- KPI and Lean Measures
- Set Up Reduction (including Trolley Build)
- Problem solving including 8D and Concern Resolution
- Root Cause Analysis
Delegates do not require any previous knowledge or experience of Lean principles or activities.
Whilst there is no formal assessment on this course, delegates will need to demonstrate a basic working knowledge and application of Lean principles and techniques. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. Performance feedback can be provided to the Customer if required.
- More details
This Introduction to Lean training is ideal for:
- Delegates who have little or no previous experience of Lean methodologies
- Delegates who have a desire to identify process problems within the workplace and improve efficiency
- Any person or Team involved with improving efficiency and productivity