Introduction to managing investigations
This course teaches the core skills to successfully conduct workplace investigations correctly and efficiently. You will learn when to conduct an investigation, who should conduct them and how to prepare and execute an investigation and remain within the law.
The course will include the following subjects:
- What is an investigation?
- When is an investigation required?
- ACAS Code of practice – the critical role of investigations in discipline and grievance matters
- Who should investigate and what is the investigators’ role
The investigation process:
- Handling an investigation meeting
- Gathering evidence
- Producing a report
- Determining next steps
By completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Successfully conduct a workplace investigation from planning to execution, whilst remaining within the law