Introduction to Robotics
There are many diverse applications of Robots within industry, all of which will require some form of adjustments and reprogramming to be carried out. This could be as a result of maintenance activities, failures or task changes to the system.
This is a practical based course with some basic theory and will teach delegates how to set up and program industrial robots on a range of operating systems. Delegates will also learn how to maintain and look after industrial robots cells to help minimise wear and reduce downtime.
- Course content
During the course the delegates will cover the following subject areas in:
- Robot health and safety & Basic operation – working safely with robots and automated cells.
- Robot jigs & tooling – set up and use jigs and tooling to achieve accurate repeatability.
- General robot programming theory and practical – learn to program a range of common robots.
- Returning to service after a stop in production – learn how to safely re-start a system after a stop.
- Robot maintenance – learn how robots work, how to look after a robot and some basic fault finding techniques.
This Course is aimed at employees who are not experienced with basic robot operations and programming but are required to be familiar with the basics of using and maintaining robots in an industrial setting. The course runs over 4 days and covers some underpinning theory as well as the practical elements of basic operations, programming and maintenance of robotic systems. The course also introduces the delegates to basic fault finding techniques and the health and safety aspects of working with industrial robots.
There is no formal assessment during this course but delegates will need to demonstrate that they can operate safely and effectively with industrial robots. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By the end of this course the delegates will have developed a basic working knowledge of the safe operation and maintenance of robotic systems.
- be more competent in the use of industrial robots
- have a better understanding of how robots work
- be more confident in the use of industrial robots
- be able to look after automated cells
- Will be able to spot problems and offer improvements to the company